India has won the Ranchi Test by an innings and 202 runs. On the fourth day of the match, the Indian team needed two wickets, and South Africa was all out in just two overs. With this victory, the Indian team has won the three-match series 3–0. India has scored 240 points in the ICC Test Championship.
Today the match was just two overs, but India made many big records.
1. South Africa scored 162 and 133 in both innings. Rohit Sharma scored 212 runs in this match. South Africa could not score more than him in any innings. This is the 5th time that an Indian batsman has scored more than the score of both innings of the opposition team.
2. India won the series 3–0 with a clean sweep over South Africa. It is the first time Indian Team has given a clean sweep to South Africa.
3. India won the match by an innings, and this is the 9th time Indian Cricket Team has won by an innings under Virat’s captaincy. In this case, he has equalled Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
4. It is the third biggest innings defeat of South Africa in Test cricket. Earlier Australia had defeated them in 2001/02 by an innings and 360 runs.
5. India has made a clean sweep for the third time under the captaincy of Virat Kohli in at least three matches of the series. He has left Mohammad Azharuddin behind. He did this twice.
6. South Africa has suffered a 3–0 clean sweep for the third time in Tests. Earlier in 2001/02 and 2005/06, South Africa suffered a clean sweep by Australia.
It was an utterly dominant performance in the series from India. They outclassed the Proteas in all departments. It showed how far Team India has progressed in all departments Test Cricket.